Reflexology In Reading
For centuries, reflexology has been a popular form of holistic therapies and deep relaxation. This ancient technique is based on the principle that certain reflex points in the body are connected to certain organs and systems via energy pathways known as meridians. By applying pressure to these points, reflexology helps promote relaxation and balance in both body and mind.
Also, by stimulating the meridians, reflexology can help alleviate pain and improve overall health. It’s a natural, safe way to reduce stress and relieve tension from the body.
Reflexology Treatment Involves Applying Pressure To The Body
This treatment is believed to bring relaxation and healing to the corresponding body area. The theory behind reflexology is that area of the foot corresponds to the organs and systems of the body. The relationship between the various spots on your body and reflexology is very similar to the principles behind acupressure and acupuncture. This isn’t necessarily a form of foot massage therapy. A reflexologist does use their hands to apply the proper amount of gentle pressure to the right points. Reflexology can help on both the physical as well as emotional levels.
Here are some of the benefits of reflexology in Reading
Reflexology can also treat you during different menstrual cycle stages to encourage your body to regain its natural rhythm and flow. You can combine it with facial reflexology or sports massage for wonderfully relaxing and healing processes.
- Relieves the effects of stress.
- Improves mood
- Helps with Anxiety and Depression
- Improves and supports the immune system.
- Clears the body of toxins
- Improves Sleep
- Helps with Migraines
- Relieves pain
- Improves Digestion
- Eliminates waste from the body
- Promotes relaxation
- Assists the body to heal any current disorders
- Boosts circulation
- Smoothing and reducing menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and achy joints
Reflexology can also be used to treat you during different stages of your menstrual cycle to encourage your body to regain its natural rhythm and flow.
Reflexology can be extremely helpful in alleviating stress and improving various hormonal imbalances:
- Improves the effects of PCOS and Endometriosis
- Improves cycle regularity
- Reduces PMS and PMT symptoms (see Research)
- Aiding natural conception and fertility
- Helps support IVF, IUI, medicated fertility cycles
- Can alleviate many of the discomforts of Pregnancy due to hormonal disruptions
- Reducing pre and post pregnancy anxieties
Roots In Ancient Chinese Medicine
The ancient Chinese belief is that qi freely flows through every person. If the person is stressed or is out of balance, this can lead to a problem. Reflexology ensures that the qi adequately flows through the body, which will keep the body disease free and balanced.
This natural approach can be highly effective in easing various symptoms. A reputable reflexologist knows exactly which pressure points they can use that will benefit the patient in the best way possible. If you have struggled to find relief using solely medical treatments, you need to find other solutions that can work with these great treatments. Using reflexology as part of a treatment plan can significantly improve your life.
- Any contagious skin disease ie. impetigo, scabies, chicken pox, mumps etc.
- Severe psoriasis or eczema on foot (foot will be too sore to work)
- Any untreated severe medical condition, or acute pain (Reflexology may hide a condition which needs medical attention)
- Internal bleeding
- Severe varicose veins i.e. phlebitis (Reflexology may increase pressure of blood to veins)
- Any form of infection, disease or fever (can make client feel worse and spread infection to the therapist)
- Diarrhoea and vomiting – cross infection
- Bruising on feet – would be uncomfortable
- Cuts, grazes, open skin, rashes, bites, burns, fractures
- Athletes foot or verrucae’s due to cross infection
- Localised swelling/inflammation
- Scar tissue (2 years for major operation, and 6 months small scar)
- Recent fractures (minimum 3 months)
- Cervical spondylitis
What To Expect?
I will be your therapist, fully qualified in reflexology. We’ll begin with a full consultation to understand your health condition and create a personalised treatment plan after full medical history. Next will come relaxation techniques followed by pressure on each reflex point from toes to knees. You may rest or chat during the session, which typically takes 45 minutes. I will guide you throughout the entire process!